Finding a new periodontist in Houston can be a challenge. The health of your mouth and gums is incredibly important for your overall health, and you shouldn’t trust the job to just anyone. Having a good periodontist is necessary for keeping your gums as healthy as possible and treating any conditions you may have.
Here is some information about what you should look for when you are searching for a new periodontist.
What to Look for in a Houston Periodontist
There are certain traits your Houston periodontist should possess. If the dentist you are seeing for gum disease treatment or tooth implants does not meet the following criteria, it is time to find a new periodontist.
- First of all, be sure you are seeing a periodontist rather than a general dentist. Though a general dentist may be able to provide adequate care, a periodontist practices in the care of the gums and has received advanced training in the area. It is especially important to see a periodontist for conditions such as gum disease.
- Your periodontist should have advanced training in dental implants. Dental implants can restore the function of your mouth and maintain your oral health when they are implanted properly by an expert. If you are in need of dental implants, it is best to find a periodontist who is trained and experienced in the field.
- Your periodontist should be able to make you feel comfortable and at ease before and during your appointment. The treatments provided by a periodontist are sometimes invasive and can make the patient uncomfortable. Your periodontist should be certified to use sedation to minimize any pain, discomfort, or anxiety you may feel.
Top-notch Houston Periodontist
We at The Houston Dentists put our patients’ health first. One of the ways we help our patients is by providing them with a skilled periodontist.
- Our periodontist, Dr. Raouf Hanna, has advanced training in periodontology and is board certified in periodontics and dental implants. He provides excellent care for gum disease and expertly places dental implants. When you visit Dr. Hanna, you know you are seeing one of the top-tier periodontists in the state of Texas.
- Widely known in the field, Dr. Hanna not only practices periodontology, he also teaches it. Dr. Hanna lectures on periodontics and tooth implants internationally to other dentists.
- Dr. Hanna is also certified in oral and IV sedation to keep patients as comfortable as possible before and during their procedures.
If you are in need of dental implants, gum disease treatment, or other treatment involving the gums, it is best to see a qualified periodontist. Dr. Hanna and The Houston Dentists are ready to help you restore and maintain your oral health.