Are you interested in Invisalign® to straighten your teeth, but you are hesitant because you don’t want to follow a restricted diet? Are you wondering which liquids, other than water, that you can drink with Invisalign?
Well, the Houston dentists are here to give you the information you need when wearing Invisalign clear braces.
Whether you are currently an Invisalign patient, or if you are thinking about getting Invisalign as an adult or a teenager, you should be cognizant of proper Invisalign care instructions.
Invisalign care instructions
- You will be happy to know that Invisalign does not require a restricted diet—-that means you can eat and drink any beverages you want (unless instructed otherwise by our cosmetic dentists)!
- When you are going to drink any other liquids besides water, Dr. Frazar and Dr. Hedge highly recommend that you remove your aligners until you are finished drinking/eating.
- If you drink liquids (other than water) while wearing the aligners, you are increasing the chance of the clear aligners becoming stained or discolored.
- Also, by removing your aligners when you eat and drink other liquids, you are decreasing your chance of tooth decay since the sugary liquids won’t get trapped underneath your aligners (potentially leading to cavities).
- We also highly recommend brushing your teeth after you eat and drink, and before you re-insert your aligners.
- Furthermore, for proper Invisalign care, our dentists discourage smoking while wearing your aligners, and not chewing gum, either.
- To clean your Invisalign aligners, you should lightly brush and rinse them in lukewarm water. If you’re interested, Dr. Hedge and Dr. Frazar can also give you a safe cleaning agent containing cleaning crystals.
Are you ready for Invisalign?
So now that you know which liquids you can drink with Invisalign other than water, are you ready to straighten your teeth with clear braces?
Our cosmetic dentists are more than happy to speak with you and evaluate your teeth to ensure that Invisalign is right for you. So call for your appointment today to get your dream smile!