Today I would like to talk about veneers, and give you a few reasons why veneers may be right for you. Many people have the misconception that others always know when they have dental work done. This may have been the case in the past, but advancements within the veneers industry have made it impossible to distinguish between nature’s design, and our own. Replicating nature (and improving upon it) is what we do.
The bottom line is that veneers are being used to give people better looking teeth, and thus a better looking smile. Many individuals are unsatisfied with the look of their teeth, and as a result turn to porcelain or composite resin veneers to fix the problem. Unlike many other problems, your smile is something that can easily be perfected with a beautiful set of porcelain or composite veneers.
Here are some of the differences between the two types of veneers. In order to make an informed decision however, we encourage you to contact us and schedule a consultation.
- Porcelain veneers are generally the most common type of dental veneers, and they are created by making a dental impression of the patient’s teeth.
- These impressions are then used to design the veneer shell that will be used to cover the discolored, damaged, or broken teeth.
- High quality porcelain veneers are generally the preferred option, because the porcelain material combined with a precise dental impression allows us to create the finest quality veneers.
- Another option that you can consider are composite resin veneers.
- These are what many dentists refer to when talking about “same day veneers.”
- While composite veneers can be a quick and cost effective solution, they generally do not deliver the high quality, flawless look that can be achieve by using high quality porcelain.
- That being said, composite veneers can still turn out great when done by a qualified veneers expert.
If you are looking for a Houston cosmetic dentist that can craft high quality veneers in a short period of time then I encourage you to come visit with us. You can schedule a consultation, and during that time we will discuss all of your options, and come up with the solution that is right for you. At Houston Veneers our patients are our #1 priority.