Houston cosmetic dentist Dr. Kathy Frazar and her partner, Dr. Tom Hedge, often meet with patients who have been researching veneers and are curious about whether veneers are right for them. Veneers are a great way to completely transform your smile, but they’re not the right cosmetic procedure for every mouth.
Only a face-to-face consultation with a cosmetic dentist specializing in veneers can determine for sure whether you are a good candidate, but here are a few signs veneers may be right for you:
- Your teeth are broken, cracked, discolored, or otherwise imperfect. Veneers completely cover the fronts of your teeth and give you a perfectly shaped, bright white smile. They are made of thin, tiny layers of porcelain, but they can make a huge difference in your appearance.
- You’ve consulted with your Houston cosmetic dentist. Veneers are a great option for many people, but not everyone needs veneers. Sometimes, your cosmetic dentist may have a different plan that’s better suited for your mouth. The only way to know your best option is to go in for a consultation.
- You’ve seen a digital image of your expected results and you’re pleased with them. At The Houston Dentists, patients are able to see what they will look like with veneers through smile imaging technology.
- Before getting veneers, your cosmetic dentist should show you what your “after” picture will look like.
- You are confident in your decision. Veneers themselves aren’t completely permanent (you can expect them to last about 10 years, or even 20 if they’re well taken care of), but because they sometimes require some filing of the enamel on your natural teeth, deciding to get veneers can be a commitment.
- Keep in mind that even if you take excellent care of your veneers, you will likely have to replace them at some point.
What to do now
Veneers offer beautiful, easy results and can give you the gorgeous smile you desire. If you’re considering veneers, Houston cosmetic dentist Dr. Kathy Frazar or Dr. Tom Hedge would love to talk to you about your options. To set up a free consultation, call at 713-668-7137.