Periodontists are dentists who practice in treating periodontal disease, or gum disease. They are also trained to place dental implants. If you have a missing tooth or multiple teeth, dental implants are an excellent solution. Our Houston periodontist for implants, Dr. Raouf Hanna, can restore your smile.
Implants from a Houston Periodontist
- Houston cosmetic dentists Dr. Hedge, Dr. Frazar, and Dr. Hanna provide top-tier quality care for Houston patients. Dr. Hanna has extensive knowledge of periodontology and experience with providing high-quality dental implants.
- Dr. Hanna is truly talented in his field. His education did not stop after dental school or after completing training for periodontology; he has attended many conferences and lectures on dental implants and other dental treatments. His research has been published in the Journal of Periodontology, and he serves as an international lecturer on implants and periodontics.
- Dr. Hanna is also certified in oral and IV sedation, which he uses to help his patients feel more comfortable throughout the process of getting dental implants.
Dental Implant Information
- Dental implants are one of the best ways to replace missing teeth. The implant itself acts as a replacement for a tooth’s root, and the crown placed on top of the implant acts as a replacement for the tooth.
- Dental implants are just as strong as a natural tooth. Patients can eat and speak normally with dental implants.
- Unlike dentures, dental implants do not slip around and are not removable. They are a permanent solution.
Dental Implants, Start to Finish
- The first step to getting dental implants is to sit down and have a consultation with a qualified periodontist. During this consultation, your health will be evaluated and your medical history will be examined. You will also of course have the opportunity to bring up any concerns you may have and learn about your options for filling the spaces where natural teeth are missing.
- After your consultation, you will undergo oral surgery, in which the titanium post is implanted into the gums. After this surgery, the implant must fuse with the bone, which may take several months.
- After the implant and bone have fused properly, an abutment and crown are placed on top of the implant. The crown is made to look very natural, and it functions just as well as a natural tooth.
For many people who are missing teeth, dental implants are the treatment of choice. Dr. Hanna is a skilled periodontist who can help you restore the function and aesthetic of your smile. For more information about dental implants, we encourage you to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with The Houston Dentists.