A full mouth reconstruction involves the use of multiple dental procedures to restore the mouth to its full health and functionality for a long-term solution for problem teeth.
Patients who are in need of a full mouth reconstruction have needs that go beyond just a single procedure; they have advanced dental needs that are threatening their health. We use full mouth reconstructions to help patients with even the most severe cases return their smiles to a beautiful, healthy state.
What Problems Can a Full Mouth Reconstruction Correct?
Some of the problems that may be corrected during a full mouth reconstruction include:
- Tooth decay
- Worn down teeth
- Gum disease
- Damage sustained due to trauma
- TMJ pain
What Treatments Are Involved in a Full Mouth Reconstruction?
The treatments used will vary depending on the individual’s needs and circumstances. Here are a few of the treatments commonly used during a full mouth reconstruction:
- Dental implants are an excellent way to restore the functionality of your mouth if you are missing a tooth or multiple teeth, or if you have had to have teeth removed. A titanium post is implanted into the gums to support a crown, replacing the missing tooth permanently and restoring one’s ability to eat and speak normally.
- Gum disease therapy treats gum disease that can lead to tooth loss, as well as serious health conditions such as heart disease.
- TMJ therapy can treat TMJ disorders that may be causing pain or discomfort. If the TMJ disorder is due to a bite problem, we can fit patients for an appliance that corrects the issue and alleviates the pressure placed on the joint.
- Invisalign® invisible braces move the teeth into their proper locations quickly and effectively without the inconveniences of metal braces.
- Teeth whitening treatments eliminate even deep stains on the teeth and whiten the teeth by as many as eight shades in a single office visit.
- Porcelain veneers cover the fronts of the teeth to dramatically improve the appearance of the smile.
A Dental Dream Team You Can Trust
Undergoing a full mouth reconstruction means trusting your dental health to a team of dentists. It is important to be sure the team you have selected has plenty of experience with performing full mouth reconstructions.
- Dr. Frazar and Dr. Hedge have years of advanced training and experience in performing the many procedures that may be part of your treatment. You can feel confident choosing The Houston Dentists to restore your smile.
- When you come in for a full mouth reconstruction, we will conduct a thorough exam and then immediately get to work creating your custom treatment plan. Using smile imaging, we will show you what you can expect your smile to look like after treatment.
Getting your mouth to a healthier and more beautiful state can take several treatments and a significant amount of time. However, you should know that restoring your smile is well worth the investment. Trust your smile to our skilled cosmetic dentists. Call us today to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation.