Having missing teeth takes its toll on a person in several ways. Simple tasks such as eating and speaking can become difficult. He or she may lack self- confidence and avoid being photographed while smiling, or avoid smiling altogether. To correct these problems, we use dental implants for Houston patients.
Dental implants are titanium posts surgically inserted into the jaw bone. The implant then fuses with the bone, creating a permanent replacement for the missing tooth root. Then, a beautiful, natural-looking crown is placed on top of the implant.
If you are missing a tooth or multiple teeth, we encourage you to come in for a free dental implants consultation. Allow us to show you all of the ways your life could be improved with dental implants.
Benefits of Dental Implants
The benefits of dental implants are numerous. For most patients, getting dental implants makes a very positive difference in their lives.
- Dental implants are a permanent solution to the problem of missing teeth. Once the implant procedure is completed, the implant is as stable and strong as a natural tooth. You will once again be able to eat your favorite foods with ease.
- Patients who choose dental implants do not have to worry about the inconveniences associated with wearing dentures. Dental implants are cared for just as natural teeth would be. They can be brushed and flossed and do not have to be cleaned, whereas dentures require some upkeep and may need to be replaced over the years.
- Many patients experience sliding around or general discomfort with dentures. When the dentures do not fit perfectly, it becomes difficult for the patient to speak clearly and eat properly. Dental implants eliminate the problem of ill-fitting, uncomfortable dentures and provide the patient with a higher quality of life.
What to Know About Dental Implants in Houston
- Patients should be aware that getting dental implants is a process which takes time to complete. After the dental implants are placed during oral surgery, they must be given time to fuse with the bone to ensure stability and permanence. Then, the abutment and crown will be placed. The entire process can take several months to complete, but most patients feel it is well worth the time investment.
- We offer sedation to help patients feel more comfortable and relaxed while undergoing treatment, including patients who are getting dental implants. Those who are feeling nervous about the surgery involved with dental implants can use sedation to overcome their anxiety before and during the treatment.
- Dental implants should only be placed by a skilled periodontist. Our periodontist, Dr. Hanna, is widely known in his field. Patients who see Dr. Hanna can feel confident that they are receiving top-notch care from a qualified and experienced periodontist in Houston.
We are dentists in Houston who believe everyone deserves a smile he or she can show with confidence. If you are missing teeth and would like to learn more about your options for restoring your smile, call us today and schedule your free dental implants consultation.