Our cosmetic dentists know and understand that people want to feel proud and happy with their smile. Well, thankfully with cosmetic dentistry advancements, Drs. Frazar and Hedge are proud to offer veneers in Houston that you can show off and feel proud of!
We absolutely love creating gorgeous, healthy smiles with our wide array of general and cosmetic dentistry treatment options.
Long-lasting porcelain veneers
Are you interested in experiencing all of the benefits of veneers, but you are still hesitant of their durability? Well, to give you more information, our cosmetic dentists, Drs. Frazar and Hedge, will explore the durability of porcelain veneers.
When you practice proper and effective at-home oral hygiene practices, you can look forward to your veneers lasting between 10-20 years! That means you have 10-20 years to show off your beautiful, natural-looking veneers to your friends and family! Now who can ever resist long-lasting, natural-looking dental veneers?
How to make your veneers last long
In order to make your veneers last between 10-20 years, The Houston Dentists recommend avoiding:
- Opening items with your teeth. This can cause your veneers to fall off, chip, or break.
- Drinking alcohol on a consistent basis. The alcohol causes the bonding cement to wear away prematurely, thus causing your veneers to fall off.
- Biting your fingernails and other hard items (toothpicks, ice, etc). This also includes hard foods, such as corn nuts, pistachio nuts, hard candy, and others.
It is very important that you follow these recommendations so you do not cause your veneers to break, chip, or fall off. That way, you can reap the benefits of veneers for a long time!
Practicing effective, daily oral care for your veneers
Aside from the aforementioned tips to follow, you should also practice the following healthy at-home oral hygiene regime, even if you don’t have porcelain veneers!
- According to the American Dental Association (ADA), you should brush your teeth 2-3 times per day, along with flossing.
- Limit your consumption of dark-colored beverages (colas, dark juices, coffee, etc).
- Minimize consumption of sugary foods and beverages.
- If you clench or grind your teeth, be sure to let your dentist know. If this is the case, you could be causing significant damage to your teeth, in which case your dentist may recommend wearing a night guard. Wearing a night guard would also minimize the negative impact that clenching and grinding can have on your dental veneers.
- Always get your 6-month checkup from your dentist.
All of these tips and recommendations constitute an effective long-term oral care regime to take care of your dental veneers and your natural teeth, too.
Ready for dental veneers?
Now that you know how to take care of your porcelain veneers, you can call Drs. Frazar and Hedge today for your consultation appointment.
That way, you can look forward to receiving veneers in Houston that you can show off for many, many years to come! So be sure to call our cosmetic dentists today!