Have you been feeling jaw pain for the past few weeks, and you are unsure why you’re feeling this way? You know that you haven’t been injured, so that’s not what is causing your jaw pain.
Well, luckily you’ve come to the right place because The Houston Dentists have several methods to treat jaw pain.
Why does my jaw hurt?
When you come see The Houston Dentists, we can evaluate your jaw pain to determine the cause(s). After a thorough evaluation, we can determine if your jaw joint pain is due to TMJ (temporomandibular joint disorder).
- TMJ is actually one of the biggest causes of jaw pain or soreness.
- With TMJ, in addition to jaw pain, you would also experience jaw popping, clicking, or snapping.
- The good news is that effective jaw pain treatment exists from The Houston Dentists, Dr. Kathy Frazar and Dr. Tom Hedge.
- Some people who suffer from TMJ disorder, also grind their teeth at night (known as bruxism). Grinding can also lead to jaw pain or discomfort, so our qualified dentists will evaluate your symptoms for teeth grinding, as well.
Get rid of your jaw pain today with our jaw pain treatment!
Throughout his years of training and education, Dr. Thomas Hedge has excelled in the neuromuscular dentistry field. Since he gained this knowledge and expertise, our Houston dentist is better able to diagnose and treat your jaw pain since neuromuscular dentistry is paramount for effective jaw pain treatment.
With the combination of neuromuscular dentistry and effective jaw pain treatment, you will experience pain-free jaw movements every day! Such jaw pain treatment that we might recommend include:
- A mouth guard or mouth piece
- A splint
- TMJ exercises to appease your jaw joint pain or soreness
These treatments have proven successful for our patients time and time again. Actually, with TMJ exercises, some patients experience jaw pain relief very quickly. To experience this significant relief, you must perform the exercises for a couple of weeks (or longer if we recommend). The treatments can help your jaw pain relax and get stronger, too.
If you are searching for effective jaw pain treatment to relieve your pain or soreness, we have the solutions for you.
All you have to do is call our office today to schedule your complimentary consultation with Dr. Hedge or Dr. Frazar. That way, you can look forward to pain-free living every day!