Most adults who have crooked or misaligned teeth want to straighten them, but would prefer to use an inconspicuous method rather than traditional metal braces. After all, it can affect your self-esteem in the workplace or in social settings when you have a mouth full of metal.
If you would prefer not to wear traditional braces, Invisalign® could be the perfect solution. Cosmetic dentists, Dr. Kathy Frazar and Dr. Tom Hedge, provide highly effective invisible braces for adults in Houston.
Invisalign: The Convenient Choice for Adults
You are busy, and you need an orthodontic treatment that will not interrupt your daily life. For patients who have places to be and things to do, Invisalign is often the best choice.
- By far, one of the main reasons patients choose to use Invisalign is because they prefer to use braces that are virtually invisible. Using Invisalign does not affect the way you look, making it a good option for working professionals.
- Traditional braces require patients to make frequent dental appointments for adjustments. Patients using Invisalign, however, typically only need to come in for a check-up every 6 weeks. Moreover, the treatment time for Invisalign is often shorter than it would be with metal braces, with typical treatments taking 1 to 2 years to complete.
- Because Invisalign aligners are removed during meals, patients can continue eating their favorite foods. People with metal braces have to be careful with (or completely avoid) sticky or hard foods. Those who use Invisalign invisible braces do not have to worry about breaking a bracket or wire, and therefore do not have to alter their diets.
- Using the Invisalign system is very different from wearing metal braces. Many patients find it to be a much more comfortable choice. Invisalign aligners are custom created to fit your mouth perfectly, and are made from smooth plastic that will not irritate your mouth.
Are You Ready for Straighter, More Attractive Teeth?
- Those who are interested in using Invisalign should first schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with The Houston Dentists. Our cosmetic dentists will determine whether you are a good candidate for Invisalign, and if so, we will create a custom treatment plan.
- During your appointment we will show you what your smile will look like post-treatment using 3-D imaging.
- Then, we will send your information to the lab that will create your aligners. Once your aligners arrive, you will need to wear them at least 22 hours per day throughout your treatment. Invisalign aligners are removed for eating, brushing/flossing, and drinking beverages other than water.
Invisalign can make a dramatic difference in the appearance of your smile and your entire face. Searching for a Houston invisible braces provider? Contact The Houston Dentists today.