If you’re like many Katy, TX residents, you want straighter teeth, but the thought of wearing metal braces makes you grimace. You might have heard about Invisalign® clear braces, but you’re not sure if they will work for you. Here, we answer some of the most common questions about Invisalign®.
How does Invisalign work?
- Each of the custom-made alignment trays is designed to move your teeth to a specified position, so they gently and gradually reposition your teeth.
- You change out these trays every two weeks until your treatment is complete. Because the clear plastic aligners are virtually invisible, most of your friends won’t even know you’re straightening your teeth!
How often do I wear the trays?
- It’s important that you only take the Invisalign® trays out to eat, brush, floss and potentially for sports or other special events.
- If you do not wear the trays for at least 20 to 22 hours per day, then you risk throwing off your treatment plan.
How long until my teeth are straight?
- Every situation is different, but most adult patients are typically in treatment for one to two years. But again, your results will depend on how often you wear your trays.
- If you’re one of our Katy, TX Invisalign patients who is self-motivated to achieve a beautiful smile, then you should have no problem.
What about cost?
- The cost of Invisalign in Katy varies depending on the complexity of your case, the length of treatment, and other factors. Treatment can range from about $3,500 up to $6,000 or more.
- Keep in mind that some insurance companies will cover Invisalign® just like they do other orthodontic treatments. Also, if your employer offers a flexible spending account (FSA), you may be able to pay for part of the procedure with pre-tax dollars.
Is Invisalign the best option for me?
While the best candidates for Invisalign have mild to moderate crowding or uneven teeth, the only way to know for sure if Invisalign® will address your problems is to consult with an experienced Invisalign® doctor.
The Houston Dentists, conveniently located near Katy TX, are experienced cosmetic dentists who are adept at determining whether a patient is a good candidate for Invisalign®. Call us to schedule your complimentary consultation today!