One big advantage of Invisalign is its treatment duration. How long will it take to see a difference with Invisalign clear aligners, you ask? Well, our Houston cosmetic dentists are here to address that question!
It is critical to keep in mind that every patient case is different, and every one of our patients have unique dental situations—some patients have extremely crooked teeth, some patients have gaps between their teeth, and the like.
So even though our dentists address the question about Invisalign treatment duration, your Invisalign situation might be slightly different than what is mentioned here.
Severity of your dental issues
First off, depending on the severity of your dental issues, the duration of Invisalign treatment will either take a longer period of time or a shorter period of time. Once Dr. Hedge or Dr. Frazar fully evaluate your teeth and plan your treatment using computerized 3D technology, they will be able to more accurately pinpoint an approximate length of time that you’ll need the Invisalign treatment.
Your responsibility as an Invisalign patient
Another critical component that goes into determining the Invisalign length of treatment is how adamant you are about wearing your clear aligner trays. For Invisalign to be effective, it is required that you wear the aligners for at least 20 to 22 hours every day for the entire duration of treatment.
If you wear your aligners consistently, your treatment period typically won’t take longer than what Dr. Hedge and Dr. Frazar prescribes.
On the other hand, if you don’t wear your aligners for 20 to 22 hours per day, you can absolutely prolong the Invisalign treatment period, thus taking longer for your teeth to become straight and beautiful!
How long will I need Invisalign for?
So now that you know some of the components that affect the Invisalign treatment period, we can now tell you how long it takes to complete treatment with Invisalign.
- Within the first few weeks of wearing clear braces, you’ll begin to see the difference with Invisalign! As the weeks and months fly by, you’ll see even more dramatic changes as your teeth shift beautifully and gradually into a straighter position.
- The length of time it takes for Invisalign to straighten your teeth varies among patients and depends on the aforementioned variables.
- On average, Invisalign treatment takes approximately 11 months.
- There have been a lot of patients who need Invisalign for only 6 months, whereas others need to wear the clear braces for 2 years (for complex cases).
- Just remember, it is very important to be vigilant about wearing your aligners so that you can follow the prescribed time frame for Invisalign treatment.
Are you ready to experience Invisalign?
Now that you know approximately how long it will take to see a difference with Invisalign, are you even more ready than you already were to start the treatment? Dr. Frazar and Dr. Hedge are more than happy and ready to complete a thorough examination at your consultation appointment. If you’re a great candidate for Invisalign, you’ll be well on your way to a straighter, more gorgeous smile in no time!