Our teeth are a crucial part of our bodies: they make it possible to eat and speak, and they provide structure for our faces. Having a missing tooth or missing teeth not only makes it incredibly difficult to function normally, but it also impacts one’s self-confidence.
People who are missing teeth want a permanent solution, not a clumsy appliance. This is why more and more people are choosing dental implants instead of dentures or other appliances.
A dental implant acts as a substitute for the tooth’s root, and a crown is placed on top of the implant to replace the tooth. Dental implants are the ideal solution for missing teeth. Houston dentists, Dr. Frazar and Dr. Hedge, along with periodontist Dr. Hanna, provide patients with beautiful, natural-looking dental implants.
Replacing Missing Teeth: Dentures Vs. Implants
When a patient needs to replace missing teeth, there are a few treatment options, including dentures, bridges, partials, and dental implants. However, many people will agree that dental implants are the best choice. There are many factors that set implants apart from other options.
- Teeth are not just tools used for biting and chewing; they also keep the jawbone and gums healthy. A natural tooth’s root stimulates the jawbone, preventing the bone from deteriorating. When the teeth are missing, bone loss may occur. Dental implants provide the necessary stimulation to prevent bone loss.
- Dentures often need to be replaced due to discoloration or an ill fit, while dental implants are permanent and designed to last a lifetime.
- Dentures can slip around while eating or speaking, and patients may have to reapply denture adhesive often. Dental implants eliminate the need for the hassle of dentures.
Dental Implants: A Permanent Solution
Patients who get dental implants in Houston find that they are a practical, beneficial choice. There are several benefits to getting dental implants.
- Those who have dental implants can brush and floss their teeth just as they would with natural teeth. They are able to eat the same foods they have always enjoyed, since implants are just as strong as natural teeth.
- Dentures often have to be replaced, while dental implants are a permanent fixture. Most people will agree that they are a worthy investment.
- Dental implants often look more natural than dentures. They are not noticeable or obvious; your smile will look naturally beautiful.
Having gaps in your smile is an embarrassing problem, but it is one that can easily be solved with dental implants. Dr. Frazar and Dr. Hedge provide Houston dental implants that will last a lifetime. If you are missing teeth, we encourage you to schedule a consultation with The Houston Dentists.