Well, at our Houston office, we perform sedation dentistry to ease your anxiety and dental fears. We know that some of our patients have had traumatic experiences in the past at other dental offices—some had bad experiences when they were children, and others when they were adults.
What to expect with sedation dentistry
Well, when you choose our Houston dentists, you won’t have to worry about any negative experiences. In fact, you’ll receive the exact opposite—professional, top-notch dental services within a spa-like, serene office atmosphere. Plus, with our sedation dentistry, you have the opportunity to potentially sleep through your dental appointment, especially if it involves more invasive procedures.
Forms of sedation dentistry we offer
At our office, we have three forms of sedation dentistry that we offer:
- IV sedation
- Oral conscious sedation
- Nitrous oxide (laughing gas)
These sedation dentistry methods are completely safe for our patients. During your entire procedure, we will monitor your vital signs, and make sure that you are being effectively and safely sedated. This sometimes includes changing the amount of sedation medicine during your procedure so you can remain in a relaxed state.
What is IV sedation?
If IV sedation is the best option for you, you can expect:
- A safe and effective amount of sedatives delivered directly into your blood system via an IV
- Complete relaxation (and maybe even a nap!) throughout your entire dental appointment
- No more anxiety or dental fears
- A thorough examination of your medical history, dental needs, and current medications before we recommend IV sedation for you
Other forms of sedation dentistry
In addition to IV sedation, we offer other forms of oral sedation for your dental appointment. These other forms include:
- Oral conscious sedation—This refers to the anti-anxiety pills that we prescribe to you. You would take them approximately one hour before your scheduled procedure.
- Nitrous oxide (also called laughing gas)—This method can be used alone to decrease anxiety, or we sometimes use it in combination with the other sedation methods.
All of these oral sedation dentistry methods are safe and effective. We are trained and skilled at delivering an effective and safe amount of sedative medicine so we can perform our job, while keeping you comfortable and relaxed. Rest assured, our on-staff periodontist is licensed and trained to deliver sedation safely.
Call today to schedule your appointment!
If you suffer from high anxiety or fears of the dentist, you can take advantage of our sedation dentistry practices. Our dentists will determine if you are a suitable candidate for sedation dentistry. Call us today to experience a peaceful, relaxed office visit!