Since dental implants require an invasive, surgical procedure, we highly recommend choosing an implants dentist with ample experience and skills. Our implants dentist near the Houston areais highly talented and well experienced with implants procedures.
Additionally, our on-staff periodontist is trained and licensed to deliver sedation dentistry, and to place dental implants, too.
Dental implants are typically made from using biocompatible titanium screws, which acts as the root of your tooth (also referred to as the post). Essentially, when dental implants are placed, they pose as the tooth’s root (an artifical root), providing full, unwavering tooth functionality.
What’s the purpose of dental implants?
If you’re wondering whether or not implants are right for you, our Houston dentists recommend dental implants to:
- Replace one or several teeth (without using the surrounding teeth). This provides a more conservative approach to replacing your missing tooth with a natural-looking tooth.
- Support a loose-fitting denture for more security and comfortability.
- Provide a practical, effective, and safe alternative to partial dentures.
- Support individual (or multiple) teeth or a bridge.
If there is an insufficient amount of bone that the implant can attach to, a gum graft might be needed to properly place the implant. Actually, gum grafting is quite common with dental implants. Our highly qualified dentist will determine if a gum graft is necessary once we evaluate your teeth, gums, and jawbone.
Dental implant sedation dentistry
Since the dental implants service is considered an invasive procedure, you have the option to choose among our dental implant sedation methods—that means you can relax throughout your entire procedure!
Our dentists will thoroughly evaluate your health history, current medications, and current medical status to determine the best and safest method of sedation dentistry for you. The sedation methods we offer are:
- Nitrous oxide (laughing gas)– This is great for less invasive dental services so you can relax throughout your entire dental treatment.
- Oral conscious sedation— For our patients who exhibit higher anxiety, more fear, or who have gagging problems. The medication comes in a pill format to make you extremely relaxed.
- IV sedation– This is suitable for patients who require more invasive, in-depth, and longer procedures, such as dental implants. With IV sedation, you might even fall asleep from the beginning to the end of your appointment!
Come see us for dental implants!
If you are interested in dental implants or other services we offer, you can speak with our implants dentists who practice near Houston.
A dental implant produces long-lasting, aesthetically-pleasing results for each of our patients. We consider dental implants as a clear, amazing alternative to bridges, dentures, and partials with a 95-98% success rate! Call us to see if implants are right for you. Your dental health is in excellent hands with our dentists!