Dr. Kathy Frazar is a highly skilled and trained dentist serving the Houston area. She has extensive experience with restorative dentistry procedures. Residents in Katy, TX go to Dr. Frazar for high quality dental implants that restore their smiles for the rest of their lives.
Dental Implants: A Permanent Solution
- Dental implants are a way to permanently replace missing teeth. The implant itself acts as a replacement for a tooth’s root, and the crown placed on top replaces the tooth itself. Dental implants are an excellent alternative to dentures or other appliances.
- A dental implant is a titanium post surgically implanted into the jaw bone. Implants are made of titanium because it is a biocompatible material that works well long-term.
- Once the implants are in place, they function just as well as a natural tooth. Patients are able to brush and floss as they would with their natural teeth. They can eat and speak better, and they tend to feel much better about their appearances as well.
Getting Dental Implants
- The process of getting dental implants is admittedly a lengthy process, but it is one that offers unmatched results in most cases. Most patients will agree that dental implants are worth the time and investment.
- The very first step in the process is to come in for a consultation with Dr. Frazar to determine whether he or she is a good candidate for a dental implant. Most people who are in good health can get dental implants.
- Once the patient has been deemed a good candidate for dental implants, the patient undergoes oral surgery in which the implant is placed in the jaw bone. An abutment is then placed on top of the implant.
- After the surgery, the patient must wait for the implant to fuse with the jaw bone so the implant becomes a permanent fixture. This length of time in this step depends on the patient, but usually takes a minimum of two months.
- Finally, a beautiful, natural-looking porcelain crown is placed on top of the implant. The implant is just as strong as a natural tooth and functions just as well. Dr. Frazar is one of the top dentists in Katy, TX and the surrounding areas because her dental implants appear natural and beautiful and are highly functional.
Why Choose Dental Implants?
- The dental implants Houston, TX patients receive from Dr. Frazar can fill embarrassing gaps, giving them more confidence.
- Dentures can slip around, making it difficult to chew properly or speak clearly. By contrast, dental implants are placed within the gums and are completely stable. They function just as well as natural teeth and allow the patient to eat whatever he or she would like and speak freely.
- Dentures and other appliances must be cleaned and cared for, and after a while they may need to be replaced. Dental implants are permanent and will last a lifetime.
- Dental implants look completely natural; it is highly unlikely that anyone will realize that they are not natural teeth.
Dr. Frazar is a dentist who offers dental implants Katy, TX patients can use to replace missing teeth and restore their smiles. If you think dental implants may be a good option for you, call 713-701-1783 and schedule your free dental implant consultation with Dr. Frazar.