Are you suffering with an unattractive smile? A solution is available! Invisalign clear braces have helped many adults achieve the beautiful, confident smile they’ve always wanted.
How does Invisalign work?
- At your first appointment, your dentist will review your situation to determine if you are a good candidate for Invisalign clear braces.
- If you decide to move forward, your dentist will take X-rays and impressions of your teeth, which will be used to create a digital 3-D image.
- Using this digital image, your dentist will use a computer program to simulate the movement of your teeth, creating your treatment plan.
- Based on this treatment plan, the Invisalign lab will create a customized series of clear alignment trays.
- These trays, made of smooth, BPA-free plastic, will gradually adjust your teeth without irritating your cheeks and gums like traditional metal braces do.
- You will switch out the alignment trays every two weeks during the length of your treatment – typically 1 to 2 years.
Am I a candidate for clear braces?
- Many adults are good candidates for clear braces. Invisalign is capable of addressing a broad range of orthodontic issues, from crowded teeth to cross-bites to jaw problems.
- Of course, only a trained Invisalign doctor will be able to determine if these clear braces can obtain the tooth movements you need.
Are clear braces as effective as regular braces?
- For those patients who are good candidates for Invisalign clear braces, the convenience and aesthetic factors often make them a better solution than metal braces.
- However, there are some complex misalignments or severe bite issues that are best addressed by wire-and-bracket braces. (If you are not a candidate for Invisalign, there are some ceramic and tooth-colored braces that many adults prefer.)
- Also consider that, because the alignment trays are removable, you must have the self-discipline to remember to wear them. Failing to wear your clear braces for at least 20 to 22 hours per day will throw off your treatment plan.
- However, we find that most of our adult patients are motivated to achieve their ideal smile as quickly as possible, so this factor is typically not a deterrent. In fact, many adults like removable aligners because they make it easier to brush and floss.
Call us today!
Don’t suffer from crooked, overcrowded or gapped teeth any longer! Visit our cosmetic dentists in Houston to find out how clear braces can give you the confident smile you’ve always wanted.