As with any decision about your health, you must be sure you are making the right choice when you are considering veneers. There are many cosmetic dentistry options available to help you achieve the smile of your dreams. To help guide your decision, here are 5 questions to ask your Houston veneers dentist.
Questions to Ask Your Houston Veneers Dentist
1. What are my options for veneers?
- There are a few different types of veneers, including traditional porcelain veneers and LUMINEERS®.
- Your veneers dentist will be able to help you determine which type will best suit your needs and give you the best results.
2. What problems can dental veneers be used to solve?
Nearly any smile imperfections can be improved upon with veneers. Dental veneers can be used to get a whiter smile, to cover cracks or broken teeth, to make the teeth appear larger, or to reshape the smile.
3. What is involved in the process of getting veneers?
The steps involved in your veneers process will depend on which type of veneers you have chosen. Generally, patients are able to get their veneers in only 2 office visits.
- Depending on the type of veneers, your teeth may need to be prepared. Dr. Frazar and Dr. Hedge make this process as easy and painless as possible. This part of the process is necessary to ensure the veneers have a good foundation before they are bonded to your teeth.
- Once your teeth are prepared, your dentist will take an impression of your teeth to create the veneers. This impression is sent to a lab where your veneers will be crafted.
- In the meantime, you will be given a set of temporary veneers to wear. This allows you to get used to your new smile as you wait.
- Finally, your veneers will be bonded to your teeth. This bond is designed to be a permanent solution for your smile.
4. How long will my veneers last?
The lifespan of your veneers will depend upon how well they are taken care of. Generally, veneers will last approximately 10-20 years, making them a worthy investment.
5. How much experience do you have with veneers?
It is of course very important to be sure you are seeing a cosmetic dentist who has helped others like you transform their smiles using veneers. Your dentist should also be able to provide you before and after photos of what your smile will look like, as well as past patient testimonials.
- Both Dr. Frazar and Dr. Hedge have years of experience with dental veneers. They have both completed advanced training in cosmetic dentistry, including veneers. You can feel confident in their abilities to provide you with beautiful results.
It is our goal to help you educate yourself as much as possible in order to make informed decisions about your cosmetic dentistry procedure. We want you to love your results! That is why, whenever you visit The Houston Dentists, you will receive individual attention. Rather than treating you as if you are just another patient being rushed out the door, we take the time to get to know you, understand your concerns, and give you the information you need.
We provide veneers Houston patients love. To learn more about your options for veneers, call and schedule your complimentary consultation with The Houston Dentists.