One of the top reasons people visit our Houston cosmetic dentists is to have their teeth whitened. It’s an extremely common cosmetic dental procedure because it allows people to noticeably improve their smiles in a very short amount of time.
Having white teeth and a bright smile is advantageous for several reasons, but the biggest reason is that it causes you to smile more often. People who smile a lot are perceived as being happy, pleasant people—and being seen as a happy person is sure to help you both professionally and socially.
Having a smile you’re proud of also makes you more confident. What could you achieve if you had more self-confidence?
Why Teeth Whitening
- The need for teeth whitening often arises when teeth have been stained by food, drink (coffee, colas, tea, wine), tobacco use, certain medications, or even just aging.
- People often attempt to whiten their teeth using at-home whitening strips, but when those fail to give you the results you’re looking for (and they often do), it’s time to look into other options.
- An in-office visit (as opposed to at-home, over-the-counter methods) can produce amazing results in a much shorter amount of time.
Teeth Whitening Procedures Offered by Houston Cosmetic Dentists
Houston cosmetic dentist Kathy Frazar, and her partner, Dr. Tom Hedge, perform two main types of teeth whitening procedures at their office.
The first is Zoom!® Whitening, which can whiten your teeth up to 8 shades lighter in just an hour.
- The procedure consists of applying whitening gel and activating it with a special low-heat light. The gel, when combined with the light, penetrates your teeth and breaks up the stains.
- The system also includes trays to use at home to continue the whitening process. The results can last for years, depending on how you care for your teeth after the procedure.
The second is deep bleaching using Dr. Rod Kurthy’s KöR Whitening Deep Bleaching™ System, which is mainly used after other whitening systems have failed to remove stubborn stains.
- Dentists worldwide use the KöR system in their offices. A big benefit of deep bleaching is that the results will last for your lifetime (and you don’t even have to give up coffee or other staining agents).
Teeth whitening under the care of a dentist is very safe, and The Houston Dentists use the safest methods. Zoom! Whitening is widely considered a safe procedure, and is used at approximately 15,000 dentists’ offices internationally.
One of the main concerns people tend to have with bleaching is that it will be painful, but in fact, deep bleaching has been proven to cause little (if any) sensitivity.
While teeth whitening isn’t for everyone (such as people with light sensitivities, or those under age 13), for the vast majority of people, it’s a safe and healthy way to improve your appearance. For Houston residents, only a consultation with our cosmetic dentists can determine whether teeth whitening should be part of your smile transformation.
Teeth whitening can benefit you whether you’re looking to simply brighten up your smile, or you’re going for the full-on Hollywood look. If you’re considering teeth whitening as a way to make your smile sparkle again, call 713-701-1783, and schedule a consultation.