Many patients who come to our cosmetic dentistry office tell us that they don’t like their smile, and they want to change their smile imperfections as soon as possible. This is a common comment that patients make about their own smile, and when we hear this, we reassure them that we are here to help!
When patients say they dislike their smile, we will ask which aspects they don’t like, and find out how they picture their dream smile to look like.
Based on that answer, we will discuss several cosmetic dentistry treatment options, such as dental veneers. Many patients wonder why they should choose dental veneers, so we’re here to tell you about the veneers procedure and veneers benefits!
Porcelain veneers: The art of dentistry
Drs. Frazar and Hedge absolutely love creating gorgeous, healthy smiles for each and every one of their patients. Whether that entails the use of dental veneers or the teeth whitening treatment option, Drs. Frazar and Hedge are dedicated to creating the smile of your dreams.
When we perform the veneers procedure:
- We create what is called a “wax-up” on models of patients teeth. This process ensures that we get the teeth in the proper proportion and size for each patient. A diagnostic wax-up also serves the purpose as a blueprint for the temporary veneers and the final veneers.
- The wax-up stage is what we consider the “art” in the science of dentistry since we use our artistic skill-set to customize your temporary veneers, which gives them a natural look.
The importance of precision in the creation of porcelain veneers
Dr. Frazar & Dr. Hedge both set high standards for themselves throughout each and every veneers case. When we do so, we are more determined to create the natural-looking smile you crave so that you can enjoy your brand new smile for many years to come.
During each and every veneers procedure:
- We work under high magnification. As a matter of fact, Dr. Hedge uses 4.8x magnification to ensure that he sees all of the fine details when creating natural-looking veneers.
- We design and plan each case prior to preparation in wax. As such, we make a matrix to guide us to get just enough reduction of tooth enamel. It is important to note that tooth preservation is our goal.
- We use a proportion to measure the existing teeth to make sure that we get the perfect height-to-width ratio for natural-looking veneers.
- We mount our cases on a device called an articulator to ensure that we get the teeth leveled and aligned perfectly.
As you can see, we follow precise, thorough planning and creation procedures to create the natural-looking, gorgeous smile you crave!
Ready for your brand new veneers smile?
So what do you think? Are you ready to create the smile of your dreams with porcelain veneers? If so, call our Houston cosmetic dentists for porcelain veneers to schedule your complimentary consultation.